When life gives you lemons, make lemonade is a phrase that refers to converting unfavorable events into something positive.
The phrase is a well-known aphorism that encourages people to have a positive mindset in order to turn a negative situation into a positive one. The proverb goes something like this: “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” It’s a well-worn phrase that has appeared in a number of quotations.
Two variants of this popular phrase are: ‘When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave them wondering how you did it,’ and ‘When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in people’s eyes.’ When life throws you sour and awful situations, you respond with equal bitterness and drive the negativity away, according to this adage.
“One of the truest and nicest comments regarding lemons and life was articulated by Irrfan Khan, an Indian actor: “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, as the phrase goes… It’s good to talk about it, but making lemonade when life delivers you lemons is difficult.”
When Life Gives You Lemons Quotes
- “If you have a lemon, make a lemonade.” – Dale Carnegie.
- “When life gives you lemons ask it for sugar and water too. Otherwise, your final product would be some acidic lemon juice!” – Priyavrat Gupta.
- “When life gives you lemons don’t make lemonade, make pink lemonade. Be unique.” – Wanda Sykes.
- “When life gives you lemons, learn to juggle.” – James Patterson.
- “When life gives you lemons, take it. Don’t waste food.” – Giselle Marquez.
- “When life gives you lemons, freeze them, and use them to throw at your enemies using some sort of trebuchet.” – Jenny Lawson.
- “If God gives you lemons, You must plant the seeds.” – Ana Claudia Antunes, ‘A-Z of Happiness’, 2015.
- “When life gives you lemons, keep them, cause hey — free lemons.” – Jake Hamilton.
- “When life gives you lemons make lemon meringue pie.” – Colleen Houck.
When Life Gives You Lemons Funny Quotes To Feel Better
- “When life gives you lemons you tell life to get a life because lemons are a terrible gift.” – Patrick Schell.
- “I believe when life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade…and try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.” – Ron White.
- “When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye.” – Cathy Guiswite.
- “When life hands you lemonade, don’t try to make lemons.” – Vince Guthrie.
- “When life gives you lemons, throw them back.” – Joe Jonas.
- “When life gives you lemons, make sure you know whose eyes you need to squeeze them in.” – Colleen Hoover.
- “When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back… What am I supposed to do with these? I demand to see life’s manager…” – J. K. Simmons.
- “When life gives you lemons, you exchange them at the store for something more edible.” – Grace Helbig.
- “When life gives you lemons, chunk it right back.” – Bill Watterson.
- “When life gives you lemons, order the lobster tail.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour.
- “When life hands me lemons I hand them back and pick something else.” – Behdad Sami.
- “When life gives you lemons…add melted butter, toasted paprika, and dip some lobster in it!” – Stuart J Scesney.
- “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then figure out how to sell it for $5.00 a glass.” – John Woodman.
Read More: Best Game Of Thrones Dragon Names List
When Life Gives You Lemons Similar Quotes To Boost Your Spirits
- “Life handed me lemons, so I made lemonade, lemon cake, lemon drops, and I even used the rinds to make lemon art. So the joke is on you, life…”
– Emilyann Allen.
- “A grapefruit is just a lemon that saw an opportunity and took advantage of it.”
– Oscar Wilde.
- “The old saying is that when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. I say forget that. When life gives you lemons, make margaritas.”
– Kristin Neff.
- “I got handed lemons too, you know but I learned how to make lemonade with them… No one ever told me I had to add sugar but that’s life for you. It ain’t sweet.”
– Elizabeth Flock, ‘Me & Emma’, 2004.
- “Stop worrying and start living.”
– Dale Carnegie.
- “It’s not what happens to you, but how you handle it. If Life gives you lemons, make lemonade. If the lemons are rotten, take out the seeds and plant them in order to grow new lemons.”
Read More: 50 Calico Cat Facts That Are Purrr-fect
– Louise Hay.
- “When one door shuts, another one opens.”
– Alexander Graham Bell.
- “When life gives you lemons….they could really be oranges.”
– Ellen DeGeneres.
- “I was of the ‘When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, then wonder why life didn’t give you freaking sugar so you could drink the stuff’ school of thought.”
– Cate Tiernan.
Follow Blayget for more exciting and fun learning news
This is Hannah, I write for www.blayget.com. I am passionate about writing for cryptocurrency, education, parenting, technology, social media, lifestyle. Follow my journey on www.blayget.com 🙂