The best baby names are those that are unique and have meaning.
The meanings of these names can be found in their roots or origins. For instance, the name “Ella” is derived from the French word for “hazelnut.” Some other popular names include “Ava,” “Emma,” and “Isabella.”
Baby Girl Names that Mean Hope
The list of baby girl names that mean hope is the perfect resource for parents who want to name their child after a positive word.
Hope is a powerful word. It can be used to describe something that we are looking forward to or someone who has the potential of becoming better. There is also the meaning of hope which is hope for something that we are in need of or have lost.
- Aileen – What’s more hopeful than a “bright, shining light?”
- Ashlyn – Though this name is a bit more modern than others on the list, the meaning makes it a winner.
- Ayla – In Turkish, this name means “halo of light around the moon.”
- Aurora – What’s more hopeful than a new day? While it’s the name of a Disney princess, it also means “dawn.”
- Charise – An alternate form of Charis, this name means “grace.”
- Chloe – New growth on plants in the springtime is always inspirational, which is what this name means in Greek.
- Charity – A fairly obvious pick!
- Claire – Meaning “young green shoot,” this choice signifies new life.
- Daisy – Derived from an old English word meaning “day’s eye.”
- Dawn – Both the start of a new day and the start of a new life are exciting!
- Dream – This name means exactly what the word is, and is synonymous with hope.
- Elena – No doubt your little one will be a “bright shining light.”
- Ellie – Like Elena, this diminutive version of Eleanor means “bright shining one.”
- Faith – Another name that means exactly what the word is.
- Helen – Like Elena and Ellie, this has a similar meaning.
- Holly – Though this could be a gender-neutral pick, it’s most common for girls.
- Hope – This one should be obvious!
- Iris – Though this is a plant, it also means “rainbow” in Greek!
- Kiara – A variation on Chiara or Ciara, which means “the first ray of sun.”
- Lucia – The feminine version of Lucius, meaning “light.”
- Margot – This name with French origins means “pearl.”
- May – Reminiscent of the sweet springtime month.
- Megan – Like Margot, this also means “pearl.”
- Nadia – The base of this name has French origins and means “hope.”
- Nadine – Another play on Nadia!
- Soleil – What shows off a sunny disposition better than a name that means “sun.”
- Stella – Perfect for your shining “star!”
- Vera – This name which means “faith” has Russian origins.
- Violet – A vibrant and positive name, just like the color!
- Yara – Sweet like a “small butterfly!”
Read More: Best Catchy Apocalypse Names Ideas
Baby Boy Names that Mean Hope
Baby boy names that mean hope are a great way to give your son a name that will be meaningful to him.
Hope is a word with many meanings. It can be defined as the expectation of good things to come and the belief that something good will happen.
Some of the baby boy names with this meaning are: Adam, Azrael, Caleb, Christian, Gabriel, Goliath, Isaiah
- Aaron – Though the origins of this name have been debated, the meaning is certain.
- Andrew – A male variation of Anastasia, which means “resurrection.”
- Asher – A unique pick that means “a gift of hope.”
- Barack – Not only is it the name of former President Barack Obama, but it’s also a name with powerful meaning!
- Benedict – A masculine name meaning “blessed.”
- Brian – Though the origins of this name aren’t entirely clear, it does mean “strong and virtuous.”
- Callahan – This choice with Irish origins means “bright-headed.”
- Cruz – This name of Spanish origin means “cross.”
- Dillon – An alternative spelling of Dylan, meaning “loyal.”
- Emmanuel – This means “God is with us.”
- Ethan – A pick with Hebrew origins which means firm and strong.
- Griffin – This functions as a first name and a surname!
- Javier – Meaning “bright” with Spanish origins.
- Jesse – A choice with Hebrew origins that means “a gift of hope.”
- Ken – Though your first thought might be about Barbie, Ken actually means “healthy and strong.”
- Lucius – Like Lucia, this means “light.”
- Matthan – This unique choice means “hope of the Lord.”
- Matthew – A classic name that means “gift of God.”
- Meyer – Another first name and surname, which means “bringer of light.”
- Nathaniel – Meaning “God has given” in Hebrew.
- Neo – Like a fresh start, Neo means “new.”
- Olivier – Representative of the biblical olive tree, which symbolizes fruitfulness and beauty.
- Robert – One of the most popular boys’ names begins with the letter R.
- Saul – For the little boy you’ve “prayed for.”
- Theo – Like Matthew, this also means “gift of God.”
- Truman – This English name means “faithful one.”
- Von – This name of Norse origins translates to “hope.”
- Xavier – Nothing like a fresh start and a “new house.”
- Zane – This fun take on John means “God is gracious.”
- Zeke – The diminutive version of Ezekiel, which makes a great first name or nickname!
Read More: Best Sports Bar Names Ideas
Names That Mean Good Fortune
Parents who want their children to have a name that means good fortune can narrow down their choices to the letter D.
There are many names for good fortune. Some of these words include:
Read More: Best Names That Mean Compassion
Names That Bring Good Luck
Here are some amazing names that have been said to bring good luck:
Follow Blayget for more exciting and fun learning news
This is Hannah, I write for www.blayget.com. I am passionate about writing for cryptocurrency, education, parenting, technology, social media, lifestyle. Follow my journey on www.blayget.com 🙂