According to studies, youngsters ask an average of 73 questions every day! That’s a lot of who, what, why, where, and when questions to answer!
Isn’t it true that today’s children know a lot? They’re like sponges, constantly hungry for more information or a good knock-knock joke to tell their buddies. Now it’s your chance to be the smarty pants and perplex them with these amazing child facts.
Reach for these entertaining facts whether you’re locked indoors on a rainy day seeking activities to do with kids, in a supermarket line, or simply want to please inquisitive little minds. They’ll keep your small (and large!) ones enthralled for hours.
Read More: Famous Focus on Yourself Quotes List
Fun Facts For Kids
- The festive tradition of the Christmas tree dates back thousands of years to the Romans and Ancient Egyptians.
- It is illegal to stand within 90 meters of the Queen without socks on.
- The Queen has two birthdays.
- No word in the dictionary rhyme with the word orange.
5.. Apples float on water!
6.. Number four is the only one with the same amount of letters.
- More than a 480million people have played Monopoly.
- Tomatoes and avocados are actually fruits, not vegetables.
- The opposite sides of the dice always add up to seven.
- A bolt of lightning is five times hotter than the sun.
- A jar of Nutella sells every 2.5 seconds.
- The world’s tallest man was Robert Wadlow from Michigan, America. He measured 8 feet and 2 inches (or 272cm).
- ‘Arachibutyrophobia’ is the fear of getting peanut bar stuck to the roof of your mouth.
- There are 31,557,600 seconds in a year.
Animal Facts For Kids
- Slugs have four noses.
- Bees are found everywhere in the world apart from Antarctica.
- Caterpillars have 12 eyes!
- Horses and cows sleep standing up.
- There are more than 1,000 kinds of bats in the world.
- A hippopotamus can run faster than a man.
- A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
- Most insects hatch from eggs.
- Pigs can’t look up into the sky – it’s physically impossible.
- The shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its whole brain.
- Kangaroos can’t walk backward.
- A dog’s nose is like a human fingerprint – unique to its owner.
Read More: Famous Medieval Names Male List
Fun Facts For Under 5’s
Children absorb all of the information around them like sponges, so here are some fascinating facts to start them thinking!
1) Did you know horses and cows sleep standing up?
2) Did you know that slugs have four noses?
3) Did you know that if you tried to stand on a cloud you would fall through it?
4) Did you know that a giraffe’s tongue is about two feet long and they can even lick the inside of their ears?
5) Did you know dragonflies have 6 legs but can’t walk?
6) Did you know tigers have striped skin as well as striped fur?
7) Did you know snakes can’t blink?
8) Did you know it’s almost impossible to lick your own elbow?
9) Did you know your heart is about the same size as your fist?
10) Did you know when you grow up you’ll have 32 teeth?
11) Did you know elephants are the only mammal that can’t jump?
12) Did you know that giraffes only have bottom teeth?
13) Did you know that human teeth are as strong as shark teeth?
Fun Facts For Ages 5-10
Curious minds will be satiated with these fascinating facts that will perplex the youngsters, and maybe even you!
14) Did you know pineapples take 2 years to grow?
15) Did you know all babies are born with blue eyes?
16) Did you know apples float because they are one-quarter air?
17) Did you know the temperature of the earth’s core is around 7,500 Kelvin, which is hotter than the surface of the sun?
18) Did you know there are more stars in the sky than grains of sand on a beach?
19) Did you know that Neptune’s days are 16 hours long?
20) Did you know sound does not carry in space?
21) Did you know the Queen has two birthdays-lucky!
22) Did you know a typical cough travels at 60 mph and a sneeze at around 100 mph?
23) Did you know tomatoes and avocados are fruits, not vegetables?
24) Did you know the left side of your body is controlled by the right side of your brain while the right side of your body is controlled by the left side of your brain?
25) Did you know antibiotics are only effective against bacteria, they won’t help in fighting off a virus?
26) Did you know number four is the only number with the same amount of letters?
27) Did you know not only does everyone have unique fingerprints, but humans also have unique tongue prints?
28) Did you know your nose and ears continue to grow for your entire life?
29) Did you know a python snake can eat a whole pig in one big gulp?
30) Did you know that snails have 14,000 teeth and some can even kill you?
31) Did you know it is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky?
32) Did you know a cat has 32 muscles in each ear?
33) Did you know snails take the longest naps- sometimes up to three years?
34) Did you know your brain is made up of 80% water?
35) Did you know the tongue is the strongest muscle in the human body?
36) Did you know the Queen owns all the swans in England?
37) Did you know the average time it takes for plastic to decompose is 450 years. Glass takes 4,000 years?
38) Did you know we cut down around 27,000 trees every day to make toilet paper?
39) Did you know that the average person will spend 25 years asleep?
40) Did you know a group of frogs is called an army?
41) Did you know the moon orbits the Earth every 27.32 days?
42) Did you know that 14 March is ‘save a spider day’?
43) Did you know the Earth experienced 50,000 earthquakes each year?
Follow Blayget for more exciting and fun learning news
This is Hannah, I write for www.blayget.com. I am passionate about writing for cryptocurrency, education, parenting, technology, social media, lifestyle. Follow my journey on www.blayget.com 🙂